Talent Intern (Human Resources & Volunteer Management)
This internship provides candidates with a first-hand view of how Make-A-Wish Illinois recruits, engages, and develops our diverse workforce of volunteers and staff. Responsibilities include assisting with recruiting and interview processes for staff, volunteers, and interns; maintaining volunteer records; assigning volunteers to event opportunities; and helping with team engagement initiatives.
Daily Assignments Include:
- Assisting with recruitment processes. Primary focus is on internships but with support for volunteer and staff recruitment as needed
- Helping to build strong relationships with our volunteers by connecting them with opportunities to support Make-A-Wish including our events
- Maintaining volunteer records in accordance with Make-A-Wish America standards
- Assisting with our recognition and engagement programs
- Other duties as assigned.
Two full non-consecutive days per week from early January through late May and the ability to attend an orientation on Thursday, January 3rd.
Skills and Abilities:
- Interest in human resources and/or volunteer management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Desire to contribute to the mission of Make-A-Wish
- Coursework in human resources or management
- Demonstrated experience building strong professional relationships
An internship at Make-A-Wish Illinois provides a unique opportunity to see how a renowned nonprofit organization runs from the inside. In addition to the learning opportunities outlined in the job description, all interns also:
- Sit down with the senior leaders of our organization
- Have the opportunity to participate in our amazing culture
- Network with our exceptional teammates
- Create lifelong memories
We want to invite YOU to be a part of the magic that we experience every day at Make-A-Wish and learn why we are consistently ranked as one of The Nonprofit Times' "Top Nonprofits to Work For!"