Program Services Intern - Winter/Spring 2018
This internship provides candidates the opportunity to experience the magic of Make-A-Wish firsthand by directly contributing to the wish planning process. Interns will either work with our two Wish Managers on the early stages of wish planning or will work with a team of Wish Coordinators on execution of the wishes.
Daily Assignments May Include:
- Contacting families, volunteers and local vendors
- Booking travel arrangements and sending travel information
- Following up on documentation needs
- Assisting with wish paperwork
- Entering family data into our database
- Assisting with special projects for unique wish types
- Assisting Wish Managers with wish-related projects and administrative tasks
- Other duties as needed
Time Commitment: Three full days per week (preferably nonconsecutive) from January 3rd through May 25th.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Desire to contribute to the mission of Make-A-Wish
- Coursework in Social Work, Events Management, Non-Profit Management, Medicine, and/or Nursing
- Must be able to commute to our downtown Chicago office (we are located in the River North neighborhood)
- Minimum age for all internships is 18
- Selected candidates will be asked to participate in a criminal background check.
- Cover letter required
***Preferred candidates will be contacted to schedule interviews in Late October/Early November. All internships are unpaid.***
An internship at Make-A-Wish Illinois provides a unique opportunity to see how a renowned nonprofit organization runs from the inside. In addition to the learning opportunities outlined in the job description, all interns also:
- Sit down with the senior leaders of our organization
- Have the opportunity to participate in our amazing culture
- Network with our exceptional teammates
- Create lifelong memories
We want to invite YOU to be a part of the magic that we experience every day at Make-A-Wish and learn why we are consistently ranked as one of The Nonprofit Times' "Top Nonprofits to Work For!"