Development Services Manager
Job Summary: Manages the Development support areas for efficiency and effective operation. These areas include research, prospect management, gift processing, stewardship, and maintaining or developing operational practices and procedures for use by Development team.
- Oversees prospect research and management needs for the Development team.
- Performs complex donor analytics; develops standard reports and procedures for utilization of information.
- Identifies and suggests areas for key process improvement; establishes and manages projects to implement suggestions; documents procedures in Fund Development Manual.
- Develops and implements a stewardship plan which includes the following core components: donor acknowledgements, Adopt-A-Wish® program and wish story material, donor giving societies, and other donor community recognition as needed.
- Supervises gift processing, ensuring quality and integrity of gift data and donor information.
- Performs routine list pulls and queries; establishes criteria for complex list pulls used in analytical and solicitation processes.
- Manages budgeting and monthly forecasting process for Development team.
- Works with Development team on the identification, planning, and execution of projects.
- Manages Development Services staff.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Solid knowledge of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge or a comparable relational donor database
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
- Excellent written, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Strong prospect research skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
Preferred Education & Experience:
- 3 – 5 years’ related work experience
- Proven project management experience
- Fundraising and stewardship experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
Please note: A cover letter is required for consideration. Applications without a cover letter will be disqualified.
Make-A-Wish Illinois offers full-time employees comprehensive medical and dental benefits along with excellent paid time off, a 403(b) retirement plan, life and disability insurance, and outstanding professional development opportunities.