Community Walks Intern - Winter/Spring 2018
This internship provides candidates the opportunity to participate in the planning and execution of community walk fundraisers in urban, rural and suburban locations that build community and raise funds in support of our mission.
Daily Assignments Include:
- Maintaining information on event web pages
- Contacting Walk participants and teams to encourage fundraising support
- Assisting with logistics and planning for event days
- Preparing event materials (packets, info sheets, etc)
- Other duties as assigned
Time Commitment: Two full days per week from January 3rd through May 25th.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Coursework in Business, Non-Profit Management, Events Management, Marketing, and/or Communications
- Must be able to commute to our downtown Chicago office (we are located in the River North neighborhood)
- Minimum age for all internships is 18
- Selected candidates will be asked to participate in a criminal background check.
- Cover letter required
***Preferred candidates will be contacted to schedule interviews in Late October/Early November. All internships are unpaid.***
An internship at Make-A-Wish Illinois provides a unique opportunity to see how a renowned nonprofit organization runs from the inside. In addition to the learning opportunities outlined in the job description, all interns also:
- Sit down with the senior leaders of our organization
- Have the opportunity to participate in our amazing culture
- Network with our exceptional teammates
- Create lifelong memories
We want to invite YOU to be a part of the magic that we experience every day at Make-A-Wish and learn why we are consistently ranked as one of The Nonprofit Times' "Top Nonprofits to Work For!"