Job Summary: This position works directly with our volunteers and wish families to create high-impact wish experiences for children facing critical illnesses. Primary responsibility is to coordinate and plan all logistics for wish experiences in conjunction with our volunteer Wish Granters while maintaining accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and timeliness standards.
- Coordinates the planning and execution of wishes
- Coordinates all travel arrangements including airline, train, rental car and limousine
- Monitors budget related to wish expenses
- Creates wish itineraries
- Collects and tracks all required wish paperwork
- Coordinates Give Kids the World arrangements, forms, and fees
- Works with wish team to ensure wish file organization and security.
- Coordinates assists with other Make-A-Wish chapters
- Enters wish information into database and monitors data quality
- Builds and maintains in-kind donor and vendor relationships
- Maintains a Foundation-issued cell phone for Wish-related emergencies
- Works with Wish Manager to close-out wish files
- Coaches volunteer resources to accomplish team goals
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong attention to details and deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Organizational skills/ability to prioritize
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to calmly handle pressure situations
- Solid people skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, not required
Preferred Education & Experience:
- 1 to 2 years relevant experience.
- Bachelors Degree
COVER LETTER REQUIRED FOR CONSIDERATION
Make-A-Wish Illinois offers full-time employees comprehensive medical and dental benefits along with excellent paid time off, a 403(b) retirement plan, life and disability insurance, and outstanding professional development opportunities.