Wish Volunteer Manager
Job Summary: Manages the wish-granting volunteer program and ensures Wish Granters and Wish Type Experts are equipped and mobilized to help fulfill our mission.
- Determines the number and makeup of volunteers needed in communities across Illinois to serve new wish children and families.
- Collaborates with Mission Delivery and Talent team members to develop and facilitate volunteer training; monitors completion of continuing education modules.
- Manages the wish assignment process, including the Wish Captain program.
- Actively engages volunteers through mass and individual communications, events, and stewardship initiatives.
- Collaborates with Wish Experience Architects to ensure consistent execution of volunteer performance management processes; addresses recurring performance issues with volunteers.
- Develops and assesses progress toward wish-granting volunteer program metrics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Proven volunteer management experience, including performance management, training, coaching and recognition
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Proven experience mobilizing volunteer groups
- Highly organized and able to manage competing priorities in a timely way
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft programs, including Excel and PowerPoint; constituent relationship management databases (knowledge of Raiser’s Edge highly preferred); and volunteer signup software
Preferred Education & Experience:
- 3-5 years’ related work experience in volunteer management
- Bachelor’s degree
Make-A-Wish Illinois offers full-time employees comprehensive medical and dental benefits along with excellent paid time off, a 403(b) retirement plan, life and disability insurance, and outstanding professional development opportunities.