Information Technology Director
Job Summary: Develops, implements, and manages the Foundation’s Technology strategy, integrating systems, applications, and business analytics to propel the Foundation towards its goals. Champions a consultative approach across the Technology team to understand business challenges and collaborates with business units to define and implement solutions.
- Develops, communicates, and executes a technology strategy that aligns with the overall goals and strategy of the Foundation.
- Optimizes the user experience and impact of the Foundation’s systems and applications, identifying opportunities for improvement and overseeing the development of solutions in collaboration with business units.
- Partners with Make-A-Wish America (National office) on the integration and ongoing management of their “Centralized Technology Services” and other initiatives supporting the Foundation, ensuring offering meets Foundation needs, including those related to networking infrastructure, CRM system development and usage, and cybersecurity.
- Develops and manages business analytics tools to enhance data-informed decision making throughout the Foundation.
- Supports staff capabilities and understanding of processes, procedures, and systems through a comprehensive technology training offering.
- Leads and manages technology staff.
- Develops and manages relationships with information and technology vendors.
- Prepares I/T annual budget; manages to the approved budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to lead within and across teams
- Strategic-thinking and problem solving
- Customer-focus orientation
- Project management
- Vendor management
- Experience with technology assessments and solution development
- Familiarity with unified communications solutions
- Data management and reporting expertise
- Experience with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge , Financial Edge, and Office 365 is preferred; experience with Crystal Reports and Salesforce isa plus.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- 7 or more years’ relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Information Systems, or Computer Science.
Please note: A cover letter is required for consideration. Applications without a cover letter will be disqualified.
Make-A-Wish Illinois offers full-time employees comprehensive medical and dental benefits along with excellent paid time off, a 403(b) retirement plan, life and disability insurance, and outstanding professional development opportunities.