Corporate Partnerships Intern - Winter/Spring 2019
This internship provides hands-on experience soliciting new, lapsed and returning participants for major corporate fundraising campaigns. Interns will learn how for-profit corporations partner with nonprofits like Make-A-Wish to further their initiatives. This role will directly participate in the coordination of key campaigns including Wishmakers at Work, conduct corporate outreach around the Walk for Wishes program and prep materials for corporate volunteer initiatives.
Daily Assignments Include:
- Assisting in the launch, execution, and support of campaigns
- Creating marketing and stewardship collateral for donor outreach
- Coordinating volunteers and assisting with wish families outreach
- Other duties as needed
Time Commitment: Two full non-consecutive days per week from early January through late May and the ability to attend an orientation on Thursday, January 4.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Desire to contribute to the mission of Make-A-Wish
- Coursework in Business, Non-Profit Management, Events Management, Marketing, and/or Communications
- Must be able to commute to our downtown Chicago office (we are located in the River North neighborhood)
- Minimum age for all internships is 18
- Selected candidates will be asked to participate in a criminal background check.
- Cover letter required
***Preferred candidates will be contacted to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.***
All internships are unpaid.
An internship at Make-A-Wish Illinois provides a unique opportunity to see how a renowned nonprofit organization runs from the inside. In addition to the learning opportunities outlined in the job description, all interns also:
- Sit down with the senior leaders of our organization
- Have the opportunity to participate in our amazing culture
- Network with our exceptional teammates
- Create lifelong memories
We want to invite YOU to be a part of the magic that we experience every day at Make-A-Wish and learn why we are consistently ranked as one of The Nonprofit Times' "Top Nonprofits to Work For!"