Marketing Intern - Winter/Spring 2019
This internship provides exposure to what goes in to maintaining an amazing brand for a successful nonprofit organization and provides the opportunity to help build awareness about Make-A-Wish's mission and vision.The Marketing Intern assists the Marketing team with ensuring the Make-A-Wish brand is broadly visible and highly regarded. In particular, this intern will be working with former wish recipients and their families to help them engage with Make-A-Wish in support of our mission.
Daily Assignments Include:
- Assist with orchestrating weekly engagement calls to new alumni families.
- Assist with weekly packing and mailing of Alumni Engagement packet/binder to all new alumni families.
- Wish Family Special Activity & Event participation data entry
- Event support and outreach assistance for World Wish Day logistics
- Assist with identifying families for wish perk opportunities (typically 1-2/week)
Time Commitment: Two full non-consecutive days per week from early January through late May and the ability to attend an orientation on Thursday, January 3rd.
Skills and Abilities:
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish)
- Strong attention to detail
- Well-developed communication skills - comfortable speaking with wish families, compassionate, charismatic, good listener, clear and thoughtful in tone and delivery.
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Coursework in marketing, advertising, communications, public relations, or related field
- Must be able to commute to our downtown Chicago office (we are located in the River North neighborhood)
- Minimum age for all internships is 18
- Selected candidates will be asked to participate in a criminal background check.
- Cover letter required
***Preferred candidates will be contacted to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.***
All internships are unpaid.
An internship at Make-A-Wish Illinois provides a unique opportunity to see how a renowned nonprofit organization runs from the inside. In addition to the learning opportunities outlined in the job description, all interns also:
- Sit down with the senior leaders of our organization
- Have the opportunity to participate in our amazing culture
- Network with our exceptional teammates
- Create lifelong memories
We want to invite YOU to be a part of the magic that we experience every day at Make-A-Wish and learn why we are consistently ranked as one of The Nonprofit Times' "Top Nonprofits to Work For!"