Signature Events Intern - Fall 2017
This internship provides candidates first-hand experience with the planning and execution of a multi-million dollar fundraising gala. The Signature Events Intern assists with the administration of Make-A-Wish's highest grossing internal fundraising event, Wish Ball as well as other events throughout the internship cycle.
Daily Tasks Include:
- Assisting with silent auction logistics
- Coordinating volunteers
- Assisting with donor recognition
- Assisting with event sponsorship
- Other duties as assigned
Time Commitment: Two full days per week from August 28th through December 15th.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong people skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Desire to contribute to the mission of Make-A-Wish
- Coursework in Business, Non-Profit Management, Events Management, Marketing or Communications
- Graphic Design experience a plus
- Must be able to commute to our downtown Chicago office (we are located in the River North neighborhood)
- Minimum age for all internships is 18
- Selected candidates will be asked to participate in a criminal background check.
- Cover letter required
***Preferred candidates will be contacted to schedule interviews in June. All internships are unpaid.***
An internship at Make-A-Wish Illinois provides a unique opportunity to see how a renowned nonprofit organization runs from the inside. In addition to the learning opportunities outlined in the job description, all interns also:
- Sit down with the senior leaders of our organization
- Have the opportunity to participate in our amazing culture
- Network with our exceptional teammates
- Create lifelong memories
We want to invite YOU to be a part of the magic that we experience every day at Make-A-Wish and learn why we are consistently ranked as one of The Nonprofit Times' "Top Nonprofits to Work For!"