Medical Outreach Intern - Winter/Spring 2018
This internship provides candidates the opportunity to interact with wish families, medical professionals, and the community at large to increase qualified referrals and help more families experience the impact of a wish. The Medical Outreach intern works with the Medical Outreach team on the implementation of the chapter's Medical Outreach Marketing Plan.
Daily Assignments Include:
- Making phone calls to wish families
- Assisting with data entry related to wish families
- Assisting with preparation for outreach events
- Following up with medical staff on missing paperwork
- Other duties as assigned.
Time Commitment: Two full non-consecutive days per week from January 3rd through May 25th.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and compassion
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Desire to contribute to the mission of Make-A-Wish
- Coursework in Medicine, Nursing, Psycho-Social Services, and/or CCLS
- Must be able to commute to our downtown Chicago office (we are located in the River North neighborhood)
- Minimum age for all internships is 18
- Selected candidates will be asked to participate in a criminal background check.
- Cover letter required
***Preferred candidates will be contacted to schedule interviews in Late October/Early November. All internships are unpaid.***
An internship at Make-A-Wish Illinois provides a unique opportunity to see how a renowned nonprofit organization runs from the inside. In addition to the learning opportunities outlined in the job description, all interns also:
- Sit down with the senior leaders of our organization
- Have the opportunity to participate in our amazing culture
- Network with our exceptional teammates
- Create lifelong memories
We want to invite YOU to be a part of the magic that we experience every day at Make-A-Wish and learn why we are consistently ranked as one of The Nonprofit Times' "Top Nonprofits to Work For!"