Gift Officer - Individual and Family Foundations
Job Summary: Manages the submission of family foundation grants and develops a portfolio of relationships with family foundations. Develops and manages direct response and digital fundraising programs for individual gifts. Collaborates with Make-A-Wish America on all direct marketing appeals.
- Achieves annual goals by identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding family foundations for gifts on an annual basis. Writes all grant proposals for family foundations.
- Manages high touch relationships with key prospects to maximize giving potential.
- Continuously replenishes the prospect base through research and individual family foundation prospect engagements.
- Manages a donor community volunteer group (as needed) to assist with fund raising efforts.
- Represents the Foundation at fundraising events, meetings and activities
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Develops and implements all chapter appeals for different gift levels and donor communities.
- Tracks national direct marketing and online giving results and collaborates with MAWFA on opportunities to increase giving at the chapter level.
- Uses existing systems and processes to track prospect/donor activity.
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Proven record of successful gift solicitations and goal attainment
- Proven record of successful grant writing/fund raising activities with wide-range of funding sources: individual donors and foundations
- Proven relationship building record
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Knowledge of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge or other CRM software (preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency in all components of Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree
- 3 – 5 years individual development/fundraising experience
Please note: A cover letter is required for consideration. Applications without a cover letter will be disqualified.
Make-A-Wish Illinois offers full-time employees comprehensive medical and dental benefits along with excellent paid time off, a 403(b) retirement plan, life and disability insurance, and outstanding professional development opportunities.