Donor Communications and Stewardship Intern - Winter/Spring 2019
The Donor Communications and Stewardship Intern will gain first-hand exposure to the operations of a high-performing fundraising team and will be responsible for capturing outstanding stories about our wish families to further engage our donors. The position is strongly focused on writing projects, primarily biographical sketches of wish children, to be used for stewardship of our major donors.
Daily Assignments Include:
- Writing and editing original narrative stories and profiles
- Creating framed recognition pieces for donors
- Helping to maintain our donor database
- Assisting with stewardship events
- Other duties as assigned
Time Commitment: Two full non-consecutive days per week from early January through late May and the ability to attend an orientation on Thursday, January 3rd.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Desire to contribute to the mission of Make-A-Wish
- Coursework in public relations, journalism or marketing
- Must be able to commute to our downtown Chicago office (we are located in the River North neighborhood)
- Minimum age for all internships is 18
- Selected candidates will be asked to participate in a criminal background check.
- Cover letter required
***Preferred candidates will be contacted to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.***
All internships are unpaid.
An internship at Make-A-Wish Illinois provides a unique opportunity to see how a renowned nonprofit organization runs from the inside. In addition to the learning opportunities outlined in the job description, all interns also:
- Sit down with the senior leaders of our organization
- Have the opportunity to participate in our amazing culture
- Network with our exceptional teammates
- Create lifelong memories
We want to invite YOU to be a part of the magic that we experience every day at Make-A-Wish and learn why we are consistently ranked as one of The Nonprofit Times' "Top Nonprofits to Work For!"