Job Summary: Develops and manages training program for the Foundation’s integrated workforce of staff and volunteers. Collaborates across the organization to develop and deliver content leveraging a variety of formats and resources including e-learning, in-person, and train-the-trainer programs.
- Develops onboarding and ongoing training program for Foundation’s workforce of staff and volunteers that meets the needs of the business units and volunteer leadership, and engages in on-going feedback.
- Develops statewide volunteer training program, with an emphasis on Wish Granters who comprise the largest number of our volunteer base, utilizing various training media.
- Develops and oversees a core group of trainers (mostly volunteers) across the state to facilitate reach and ensure consistency of message and content delivery.
- Leverages MAW America training programs and content. Builds relationships with MAW America training team and communicates chapter’s training needs.
- Resources third-party training vendors to support staff and volunteer learning.
- Evaluates and reports on training program impact to ensure training is meeting business needs and improving performance.
- Maintains a keen understanding of training trends, developments, and best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Superior communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of adult learning best practices.
- Excellent customer service and relationship building skills.
- Solid proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint and Word; experience with Articulate or other e-learning software is a plus.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- 3-5 years work experience with training others.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, education, psychology, or related field.
Make-A-Wish Illinois offers full-time employees comprehensive medical and dental benefits along with excellent paid time off, a 403(b) retirement plan, life and disability insurance, and outstanding professional development opportunities.