Corporate Gift Officer
Job Summary: Identifies, qualifies, cultivates, solicits and manages a portfolio of local accounts and national corporate accounts in conjunction with Make-A-Wish America in order to achieve $1-$1.5 million in revenue. Key focuses are on work-place giving, cause-marketing programs, corporate event sponsorship and in-kind corporate campaigns. Attendance at weekend and evening events may be required. This position requires local travel up to 50%.
- Manages a highly tailored portfolio of approximately 75-150 assigned corporate local, national and prospective donors at various stages of cultivation cycle from identification through solicitation and stewardship in partnership with Make-A-Wish America
- Manages targeted cash or in-kind corporate campaigns for funding as the need arises (ex. Olympics)
- Develops a multi-faceted approach for each prospect involving work place giving, cause marketing, corporate sponsorship, high profile in-kind and events as appropriate
- Tracks prospect/donor activity in Raiser’s Edge - correspondence, phone calls, meetings, cultivation events, acts of stewardship (gifts, lunches, information packets) and revenue generation against budget.
- Represents the Foundation at fundraising events.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Proven record of successful corporate relationship building and goal attainment
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong knowledge of MS applications
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge
- Good organization skills
- Solid relationship building skills
Preferred Education & Experience:
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in sales, marketing, sales promotion or related field
- 3 – 5 years’ development/fundraising experience, major gift experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
Please note: A cover letter is required for consideration. Applications without a cover letter will be disqualified.
Make-A-Wish Illinois offers full-time employees comprehensive medical and dental benefits along with excellent paid time off, a 403(b) retirement plan, life and disability insurance, and outstanding professional development opportunities.