Community Engagement Intern - Winter/Spring 2019
This internship provides first hand experience in community building and content creation for media outlets along with a comprehensive view of nonprofit operations. The Community Engagement intern works with the Community Engagement Managers to help coordinate activities to ensure and enhance service and presence throughout the state.
Daily assignments include:
- Research, writing, preparing and submitting press releases and other media communications
- Organizing events and RSVP tracking
- Coordinating mailings
- Organizing off-site outreach activities to help support community awareness
- Speaking to assigned parent groups or referring organizations and individuals
- Assisting with data entry
- Additional outreach projects as needed
Time Commitment: Two full non-consecutive days per week from early January through late May and the ability to attend an orientation on Thursday, January 3rd.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, and Access
- Desire to contribute to the mission of Make-A-Wish
- Coursework in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, and/or Events Management
- Public Speaking
- Must be able to commute to our downtown Chicago office (we are located in the River North neighborhood)
- Minimum age for all internships is 18
- Selected candidates will be asked to participate in a criminal background check.
- Cover letter required
***Preferred candidates will be contacted to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.***
All internships are unpaid.
An internship at Make-A-Wish Illinois provides a unique opportunity to see how a renowned nonprofit organization runs from the inside. In addition to the learning opportunities outlined in the job description, all interns also:
- Sit down with the senior leaders of our organization
- Have the opportunity to participate in our amazing culture
- Network with our exceptional teammates
- Create lifelong memories
We want to invite YOU to be a part of the magic that we experience every day at Make-A-Wish and learn why we are consistently ranked as one of The Nonprofit Times' "Top Nonprofits to Work For!"