Job Summary: Works with designated departments to understand business needs. Analyzes information, develops data solutions, and supports development of processes and applications to optimize user experience and impact.
- Partners with staff to identify opportunities to leverage technology for process improvements and innovation; analyzes business needs to evaluate and recommend systems and applications and their usage.
- Implements technology solutions; including training and development of appropriate procedures & standards of use, ensuring the resulting work products / applications support the business needs.
- Collaborates across the organization in providing data analytics to generate insights, using internal and external information sources to enhance data-informed decision making throughout the Foundation.
- Develops and manages information resources; including data augmentations and aggregation of information.
- Employs project management skills, including establishing project charters and definitions, facilitating collaborations sessions, exercising communication and work plans.
- Stays up-to-date on the latest process and information technology advancements to improve Foundation systems and use of data.
- Updates, implements, and maintains technology related procedures.
- Regularly and routinely ensures solutions meet business needs and requirements, optimizing user experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Customer-focus orientation with strong communication and organization skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Experience with solution development and technology assessments.
- Experience with database management; proficiency with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce a plus.
- Experience in report writing and data extraction. Proficiency with Crystal Reports a plus.
- Knowledgeable about data modeling and analytics; experience with Microsoft Power BI a plus.
- Well-versed with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of project management.
- Experience with process improvement projects, a plus.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience in technology, consulting, or data analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Make-A-Wish Illinois offers full-time employees comprehensive medical and dental benefits along with excellent paid time off, a 403(b) retirement plan, life and disability insurance, and outstanding professional development opportunities.