Referral Outreach Intern - Winter/Spring 2019
This internship is focused on helping our families get started on their journey with Make-A-Wish. As families and medical professionals inquire about Make-A-Wish, the intern will prepare records for each inquiry for review by our Referral Outreach Team. As time permits, the intern will also assist with Referral Outreach activities in order to help us reach as many children as possible.
Daily Assignments Include:
- Reviewing inquiry information
- Assisting with screening calls
- Preparing wish files
- Assisting with data entry related to wish families
- Assisting with preparation for outreach events
- Other duties as assigned.
Time Commitment: Two full non-consecutive days per week from early January through late May and the ability to attend an orientation on Thursday, January 3rd.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and compassion
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Desire to contribute to the mission of Make-A-Wish
- Coursework in Medicine, Nursing, Psycho-Social Services, and/or CCLS
- Experience with database systems such as Raiser's Edge & Salesforce
- Fluency in Spanish preferred, but not required
- Must be able to commute to our downtown Chicago office (we are located in the River North neighborhood)
- Minimum age for all internships is 18
- Selected candidates will be asked to participate in a criminal background check.
- Cover letter required
***Preferred candidates will be contacted to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.***
All internships are unpaid.
An internship at Make-A-Wish Illinois provides a unique opportunity to see how a renowned nonprofit organization runs from the inside. In addition to the learning opportunities outlined in the job description, all interns also:
- Sit down with the senior leaders of our organization
- Have the opportunity to participate in our amazing culture
- Network with our exceptional teammates
- Create lifelong memories
We want to invite YOU to be a part of the magic that we experience every day at Make-A-Wish and learn why we are consistently ranked as one of The Nonprofit Times' "Top Nonprofits to Work For!"