Accounting Intern - Fall 2017
This internship provides first-hand experience with day-to-day accounting operations of one of Forbes’ 2015 top 50 largest U.S. charities. You will gain valuable insights into strategies for success from our Leadership team in group advisory sessions covering the organization’s Program Services, Fund Development, Marketing & Communications, and Operations. Additionally, you'll get to see how a nonprofit operates differently from a for-profit corporation, and gain invaluable experience working with one of the premier CRM solutions in the nonprofit sector.
The Accounting Intern will report to the Accounting Manager and work alongside the Senior Staff Accountant and Staff Accountant to assist with general accounting functions including accounts payable, monthly ledger closes, and other financial analyses.
Assignments will include:
- Vouchering expenses for wishes
- Preparing general ledger account and other financial analyses
- Other projects as assigned.
Two full days per week from August 28th through December 15th.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Desire to contribute to the mission of Make-A-Wish
- Accounting experience (educational or experiential)
- Previous exposure to accounting operations
- Must be able to commute to our downtown Chicago office (we are located in the River North neighborhood)
- Minimum age for all internships is 18
- Selected candidates will be asked to participate in a criminal background check.
- Cover letter required
***Preferred candidates will be contacted to schedule interviews in June. All internships are unpaid.***
An internship at Make-A-Wish Illinois provides a unique opportunity to see how a renowned nonprofit organization runs from the inside. In addition to the learning opportunities outlined in the job description, all interns also:
- Sit down with the senior leaders of our organization
- Have the opportunity to participate in our amazing culture
- Network with our exceptional teammates
- Create lifelong memories
We want to invite YOU to be a part of the magic that we experience every day at Make-A-Wish and learn why we are consistently ranked as one of The Nonprofit Times' "Top Nonprofits to Work For!"