Cause Marketing and Corporate Partnerships Intern - Fall 2017
This internship provides hands-on experience soliciting new, lapsed and returning participants for major corporate fundraising campaigns. Interns will learn how for-profit corporations partner with nonprofits like Make-A-Wish to further their initiatives. This role will directly participate in the coordination of key campaigns including Wishmakers at Work and Season of Wishes.
Daily Assignments Include:
- Assisting in the launch, execution, and support of campaigns
- Creating marketing and stewardship collateral for donor outreach
- Coordinating volunteers and assisting with wish families outreach
- Other duties as needed
Time Commitment: Two full non-consecutive days per week from August 28th through December 15th.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Desire to contribute to the mission of Make-A-Wish
- Coursework in Business, Non-Profit Management, Events Management, Marketing, and/or Communications
- Must be able to commute to our downtown Chicago office (we are located in the River North neighborhood)
- Minimum age for all internships is 18
- Selected candidates will be asked to participate in a criminal background check.
- Cover letter required
***Preferred candidates will be contacted to schedule interviews in May. All internships are unpaid.***
An internship at Make-A-Wish Illinois provides a unique opportunity to see how a renowned nonprofit organization runs from the inside. In addition to the learning opportunities outlined in the job description, all interns also:
- Sit down with the senior leaders of our organization
- Have the opportunity to participate in our amazing culture
- Network with our exceptional teammates
- Create lifelong memories
We want to invite YOU to be a part of the magic that we experience every day at Make-A-Wish and learn why we are consistently ranked as one of The Nonprofit Times' "Top Nonprofits to Work For!"