Community Programs Intern - Fall 2017
This internship provides candidates the opportunity to participate in the planning and execution of community fundraisers. This position will interact with some of our most passionate supporters and help raise funds in support of our mission through programs like Kids for Wish Kids®, Wish Makers on Campus®, and hundreds of external fundraising events.
Daily assignments include:
- Processing and sending license agreements
- Reaching out to campaign prospects to engage them in the mission
- Creating event materials
- Writing and sending personalized thank-you notes
- Assisting with event organization in Raiser's Edge
- Conducting post-event follow-up
Time Commitment: Two full days per week from August 28th through December 15th.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized
- Comfortable and excited to talk to people
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Able to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Desire to contribute to the mission of Make-A-Wish
- Coursework in Business, Non-Profit Management, Events Management, Marketing, and/or Communications
- Knowledge of graphic design software
- Must be able to commute to our downtown Chicago office (we are located in the River North neighborhood)
- Minimum age for all internships is 18
- Selected candidates will be asked to participate in a criminal background check.
- Cover letter required
***Preferred candidates will be contacted to schedule interviews in June. All internships are unpaid.**
An internship at Make-A-Wish Illinois provides a unique opportunity to see how a renowned nonprofit organization runs from the inside. In addition to the learning opportunities outlined in the job description, all interns also:
- Sit down with the senior leaders of our organization
- Have the opportunity to participate in our amazing culture
- Network with our exceptional teammates
- Create lifelong memories
We want to invite YOU to be a part of the magic that we experience every day at Make-A-Wish and learn why we are consistently ranked as one of The Nonprofit Times' "Top Nonprofits to Work For!"