Marketing Intern - Fall 2017
This internship provides exposure to what goes in to maintaining an amazing brand for a successful nonprofit organization and provides the opportunity to help build awareness about Make-A-Wish's mission and vision.The Marketing Intern assists the Marketing Services team with ensuring the Make-A-Wish brand is broadly visible and highly regarded. This will be done by helping to deliver strategic content and activate the organization’s constituent base to positively impact both revenue and referrals (reaching every eligible child in Illinois).
Daily Assignments Include:
- Organizing and cataloging digital media
- Conducting research on community engagement strategies
- Supporting wish family outreach (pre- and post-wish)
- Contributing to wish story production
- Other duties as assigned
Time Commitment: Interns are asked to make a cycle commitment for two days per week from August 28th through December 15th.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Solid organizational abilities
- Social media experience a plus
- Coursework in marketing, advertising, communications, public relations, or related field
- Must be able to commute to our downtown Chicago office (we are located in the River North neighborhood)
- Minimum age for all internships is 18
- Selected candidates will be asked to participate in a criminal background check.
- Cover letter required
***Preferred candidates will be contacted to schedule interviews in May. All internships are unpaid.***
An internship at Make-A-Wish Illinois provides a unique opportunity to see how a renowned nonprofit organization runs from the inside. In addition to the learning opportunities outlined in the job description, all interns also:
- Sit down with the senior leaders of our organization
- Have the opportunity to participate in our amazing culture
- Network with our exceptional teammates
- Create lifelong memories
We want to invite YOU to be a part of the magic that we experience every day at Make-A-Wish and learn why we are consistently ranked as one of The Nonprofit Times' "Top Nonprofits to Work For!"