Program Services Intern - Fall 2017
This internship provides candidates the opportunity to experience the magic of Make-A-Wish first hand by directly contributing to the wish planning process. Interns will either work with our two Wish Managers on the early stages of wish planning or will work with a team of Coordinators on execution of the wishes.
Daily Assignments May Include:
- Contacting families, volunteers and medical staff
- Sending travel information
- Following up on documentation needs
- Assisting with wish paperwork
- Assisting with special projects for unique wish types
- Assisting Wish Managers with wish-related projects administrative tasks
- Other duties as needed
Time Commitment: Three full days per week from August 28th to December 15th.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Desire to contribute to the mission of Make-A-Wish
- Coursework in Social Work, Events Management, Non-Profit Management, Medicine, and/or Nursing
- Must be able to commute to our downtown Chicago office (we are located in the River North neighborhood)
- Minimum age for all internships is 18
- Selected candidates will be asked to participate in a criminal background check.
- Cover letter required
***Preferred candidates will be contacted to schedule interviews in May. All internships are unpaid.***
An internship at Make-A-Wish Illinois provides a unique opportunity to see how a renowned nonprofit organization runs from the inside. In addition to the learning opportunities outlined in the job description, all interns also:
- Sit down with the senior leaders of our organization
- Have the opportunity to participate in our amazing culture
- Network with our exceptional teammates
- Create lifelong memories
We want to invite YOU to be a part of the magic that we experience every day at Make-A-Wish and learn why we are consistently ranked as one of The Nonprofit Times' "Top Nonprofits to Work For!"