Signature Events Intern - Winter/Spring 2019
This internship provides candidates first-hand experience with the planning and execution of a multi-million dollar fundraising gala. The Signature Events Intern assists with the planning of Wish Ball, Make-A-Wish Illinois's highest grossing internal fundraising event, as well as other events throughout the internship cycle.
Candidates must be available for the full day (early morning through late evening) on Saturday, May 18.
Daily Tasks Include:
- Assisting with silent auction logistics
- Coordinating volunteers
- Assisting with donor recognition
- Assisting with event sponsorship
- Other duties as assigned
Time Commitment: Three full days per week from early January through late May and the ability to attend an orientation on Thursday, January 3rd.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong people skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Desire to contribute to the mission of Make-A-Wish
- Coursework in Business, Non-Profit Management, Events Management, Marketing or Communications
- Graphic Design experience a plus
- Must be able to commute to our downtown Chicago office (we are located in the River North neighborhood)
- Minimum age for all internships is 18
- Selected candidates will be asked to participate in a criminal background check.
- Cover letter required
***Preferred candidates will be contacted to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.***
All internships are unpaid.
An internship at Make-A-Wish Illinois provides a unique opportunity to see how a renowned nonprofit organization runs from the inside. In addition to the learning opportunities outlined in the job description, all interns also:
- Sit down with the senior leaders of our organization
- Have the opportunity to participate in our amazing culture
- Network with our exceptional teammates
- Create lifelong memories
We want to invite YOU to be a part of the magic that we experience every day at Make-A-Wish and learn why we are consistently ranked as one of The Nonprofit Times' "Top Nonprofits to Work For!"
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!