Wish Granting Volunteer Intern - Winter/Spring 2019
This internship provides candidates the opportunity to help engage our volunteers directly in our Wish Granting process.
Daily Assignments May Include:
- Assisting with assigning volunteers to wishes
- Helping with the coordination of volunteer training events
- Helping with activities to keep our volunteer wish granters engaged in our work.
Time Commitment: Two full nonconsecutive days per week from early January through late May and the ability to attend an orientation on Thursday, January 3rd.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Desire to contribute to the mission of Make-A-Wish
- Coursework in Social Work, Events Management, Non-Profit Management, Medicine, and/or Nursing
- Must be able to commute to our downtown Chicago office (we are located in the River North neighborhood)
- Minimum age for all internships is 18
- Selected candidates will be asked to participate in a criminal background check.
- Cover letter required
***Preferred candidates will be contacted to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.***
All internships are unpaid.
An internship at Make-A-Wish Illinois provides a unique opportunity to see how a renowned nonprofit organization runs from the inside. In addition to the learning opportunities outlined in the job description, all interns also:
- Sit down with the senior leaders of our organization
- Have the opportunity to participate in our amazing culture
- Network with our exceptional teammates
- Create lifelong memories
We want to invite YOU to be a part of the magic that we experience every day at Make-A-Wish and learn why we are consistently ranked as one of The Nonprofit Times' "Top Nonprofits to Work For!"
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!